We believe that home is the safest place for you or your loved ones. Our Vencer verified, independent nurses can help in the home, which can limit exposure from outside contact and large group activity where the virus is known to spread more quickly.
For individuals who have been recently discharged from the hospital, home care with our healthcare providers can be the lower risk option since skilled nursing facilities and assisted living communities may become reluctant to accept immunocompromised patients due to the facilities' higher-risk environments.
How our Vencer verified healthcare providers could help in the home:
- Personal care (assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting).
- Light housekeeping and sanitizing around the home.
- Picking up groceries and medication.
- Companionship and socialization (while promoting social distancing from large groups of people).
- Meal preparation while following health and safety protocols.
- Ensuring the client's prescriptions are being taken with care at the appropriate time and in the right dosage.
Vencer Health Technologies is actively monitoring the progression of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), to ensure that we have the most accurate and latest information on the impact of the virus. As new cases are identified in our communities, this situation continues to develop rapidly, and our protocols will be adjusted as needed.
While most cases of COVID-19 are mild, causing only fever and cough, a very small percentage of cases become severe and may progress, particularly in the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions. Since this is a large population that Vencer Health Technologies serves, we understand your concerns and want to share with you how our company is responding to the threat of COVID-19.
We are following updates and procedures from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), State Department of Health, Hawaii's local authorities, and other agencies and resources. Our response and plans may adjust according to the recommendations from these organizations.
Safety Protocol for Vencer Health Technologies Healthcare Providers
In addition to our continued adherence to Hawaii's health and safety protocols, we are taking additional proactive, preventative measures to keep our community as healthy as possible, including:
- Washing hands with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Refraining from going to a client's home if one becomes sick with any symptoms of respiratory illness such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or shortness of breath.
- All verified Vencer healthcare providers who have traveled since January or plan to are required to disclose that to our recruiting director with details such as when and where.
- Vencer verified independent healthcare providers who do show any of the symptoms listed above after traveling will be required to self-quarantine and provide a doctor's note or negative test results before going to the client's home to provide respite care.
- All verified, Vencer healthcare providers who have been in contact with anyone with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 in the last two weeks are required to disclose that to our recruiting director.
- Upon returning from any international or domestic travel, Vencer healthcare providers who do not show symptoms noted above are still required to self-quarantine for 14 days before going to provide respite care at the client's home.
- Reiterating with our healthcare providers all recommendations for health and safety to ensure that they are well-versed and compliant with best practices.
Where can I find more information on COVID-19 (Corona Virus)?
We highly recommend you stay up to date on the current situation. Here are some resources to find additional information on the COVID-19.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
State of Hawaii Department of Health
Looking to provide respite care?
As we serve an essential service to the most vulnerable population during these times, we need you now more than ever! To become part of our elite of Vencer verified, healthcare providers, apply below today!